If you are one of the many people looking for healthy lifestyle options to undo all the harm done to your mind, body and soul because of being careless with what you eat and how you live, it is time you learn a thing or two about hydrotherapy. An age old health and beauty secret that has been adopted by kings and commoners in their daily life, hydrotherapy has to its credit, healing powers like keeping the skin glowing, cleansing the body of antibodies, relieving blood pressure, enhancing metabolism and many more. Practicing hydrotherapy also encourages one to indulge in self-care.
Basically, hydrotherapy means to use water in different ways to rid or reduce the symptoms of various illnesses of the mind and body. Both internal and external use of water is made in hydrotherapy, for curing various conditions. Modern technology has made it possible to replicate the effect of hot springs to include hydrotherapy in the lifestyle of current races and of the ones to come. Built or crafted on the mechanism of natural water streams, hot tub or spas are widely used in hydrotherapy nowadays.
To use hydrotherapy for detoxification, rely on the following:
1. Before the hot tub session drink at least a 16 ounce glass of water
2. Preferably and if possible, use a chlorine filter to fill your Masterspa or hot tub with warm water.
3. Adding sea salt to the water has additional benefits. 1/4th of a cup would be enough. The sea salt when absorbed by the skin reduces swelling and soothes the nerves.
4. You can also add 1 ½ cup of baking soda to the water. The baking soda will reduce the spa chlorine content in the water and help in absorption of minerals.
5. Aromatherapy makes your bathing experience not only more enjoyable and rejuvenating but can also increase the therapeutic value of your hot tub session. Pick from essences like orange, rose, lavender or sandalwood.
6. Keep the water hot enough but don’t make it so hot that you can’t tolerate the heat and your skin starts burning. Allow sweating only for 15 minutes. After this, you can mix some cool water to the hot tub and enjoy a lukewarm bath.
7. After adding cold water, sit in the tub for another 20 minutes or so; however, do not let the water turn completely cold.
8. Get out of the spa extremely carefully. Sit down on a chair in case you feel lightheaded, since your body would be absolutely relaxed.
9. To get the maximum effects of detoxification, wrap yourself in a warm blanket or robe.
10. Half-an-hour post the hot tub or Master spa session, sip on something light and hydrating, like green tea or fruit juice.
11. For best effects, take detox bath at least twice in a week.
Detoxifying spa and hot tub sessions can be all you need to get rid of the waste stuck not just in your skin but in your mind as well.